Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hughes and Sandburg

I am not someone who is familiar with many different authors but I have to say that I enjoyed reading Hughes and Sandburgs writing's. I felt that  they both used so much passion in their writing and they choices of words they used help me see what they were talking about. They both Incorporated Chicago  in poems and the pride and determination was evident in their poems as wells.
    Reading Hughes Visitors to the Black Belt described that view the outsiders had on the black society without really knowing them and how the visitors are the "outsiders" In Sandburgs poem Chicago he describes the good and bad and those descriptions would be those of an outsider who does not know anything about the city of Chicago.
     I cant truly say that I will look forward to reading more material from them two authors because there is something about their writing that pulls me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment